Arrma Typhon 4X4 MEGA 550 SLT3 Speed Buggy RTR Green
- Stronger chassis and retained hinge pin plates
- Steering with more clearance for stones
- Castellated slipper pad and sliding gear mesh
- 23T Spline servo saver
- Brushless-ready 37T 1.35Mod diffs with silicone O-rings
- Power Module with sliding gear mesh and improved dirt management
- Rubber shielded bearings throughout
- Oil-filled shocks with silicone O-rings
- New body design, front and rear bumpers, paint and decals
- New vented tyres
- MEGA 12T brushed 550 motor
- MEGA waterproof* ESC * Note: For details on waterproof standards, refer to the instruction manual
- IC3™ connectors (EC3™) compatible
- Signature easy-access modular design
- Easy-access power module
- Easy-access electronics module
- Easy-access diff module removal front and rear
- Double wishbone suspension front and rear
- Metal-geared differentials
- Adjustable ride height
- Adjustable body mounts
- Extended height dirt defenders
- Multi-terrain dBoots® 2-HO™ tyres
- Tough multi-spoke wheels
- ADC-N7 7-cell NiMH wall charger
- 30MPH (48km/h) speed achievable in optimum driving conditions with optional gearing
Making your move into 1/8 scale Speed Buggy action has never been easier. Fast, rugged and factory-built, the 2S LiPo-compatible ARRMA® TYPHON™ 4X4 MEGA RTR comes ready out of the box to bash on any terrain. Precision aluminium, tough steel and composite materials come together for an easy-to-maintain, super-durable vehicle design whose high downforce wing and low center of gravity, with wide arms and narrow wheels and tyres, improve handling over race tracks, trails, muddy courses, skate parks and more. This version features new equipment that further increases the original Speed Buggy's already impressive performance and durability.
The TYPHON™ 4X4 MEGA RTR is DESIGNED FAST, DESIGNED TOUGH - built for exciting bashing speeds and extreme, all-terrain durability. New features that enhance its unstoppable performance include a stronger chassis and retained hinge pin plates; steering with more clearance for stones; a castellated slipper pad and sliding gear mesh; and rubber-shielded bearings throughout.
The Speed Buggy now also includes the Spektrum™ SLT3™ transmitter and SLR300 receiver. The transmitter is ergonomically designed for long periods of fatigue-free bashing and has a foam wheel for precise fingertip control plus an improved hand grip and trigger feel. New bashers will be able to set throttle limits at 50% or 75% until they are ready to use the full speed potential. The SLT3™ is compatible with Tactic® SLT™ receivers to run other RTR vehicles you may own, and includes a third channel to control optional features such as lights and winches on models that have them.
It also has the ingenious modular design perfected by ARRMA® engineers for easy component access and maintenance. The power module, with improved dirt management, consists of a MEGA 550 motor for rock-jumping speed, plus motor plate, slipper clutch assembly and gear cover. The power module can be detached from the chassis as a complete unit by removing just one screw. With the power module removed, the slipper clutch can be reached easily for adjustments by taking out three screws that attach the gear cover. The gear ratio can be finely tuned as the power module now uses a sliding motor mesh design.
A two-piece molding screwed to the Speed Buggy's chassis serves as its electronics module, containing a waterproof receiver box, servo mount and ESC tray. The SLR300 receiver mounts inside the receiver box for protection from dirt and moisture. The ultra-compact ESC is screwed to the top of the module, allowing quick access to the on/off switch, while the servo mounts to the side. All three components can be removed together, quickly and easily.
The differential module houses each differential unit in an innovative yoke design. Only eight screws need to be removed to release the front and rear yokes. The power module can then be detached, allowing you to pivot the gearbox cases for differential access. The TYPHON™ 4X4 MEGA RTR comes brushless-ready with 37T 1.35mod diffs with silicone O-rings. The large gears can withstand huge torque, and internal metal gears have been chosen for reliability during extreme bashing.
Needed to Complete
- (4) AA Batteries
What's in the Box?
- (1) ARRMA® TYPHON™ 4X4 MEGA 550 1/8 Scale 4WD Electric Speed Buggy RTR
- (1) MEGA Waterproof* ESC
- (1) MEGA 12T Brushed 550 Motor
- (1) Spektrum™ 2.4GHz SLT3™ 3-Channel Transmitter
- (1) Spektrum™ SLR300 Receiver
- (1) Spektrum™ Waterproof* SPMS650 Digital Servo
- (1) Dynamite® 3300mAh 8.4V 7-Cell Speedpack® 2 Hump NiMH Battery
- (1) ADC-N7 7-Cell NiMH Wall Charger
- (1) Product Manual *For details on waterproof standards, refer to the instruction manual.
We Also Recommend
Arrma Z-ARA550085 DBoots Hoons 53/107 2.9 Gold Belted 5-Spoke Wheel & Tyres (2 Pieces)