Gamewright Forbidden Island Game
From award winning designer Matt Leacock comes Forbidden Island!
Dare to discover Forbidden Island! Join a team of fearless adventurers on a do-or-die mission to capture four sacred treasures from the ruins of this perilous paradise.
Your team will have to work together and make some pulse-pounding manoeuvres, as the island will sink beneath every step. Race to collect the treasures and make a triumphant escape before you are swallowed into the watery abyss!
What’s in the box?
- 58 playing cards
- 24 island tiles
- Six pawns
- Four treasure figurines
- One water meter and marker
How to play:
On every turn, do the following three things in order (as it is a coop game, do ask for help!):
Take up to 3 actions.
- Move: move your pawn to an adjacent Island tile.
- Shore Up: shore up any adjacent Island tile or the Island tile your pawn is on.
- Give a Treasure Card: Give one or more of your treasure cards to another player if both of your pawns are on the same island tile.
- Capture a Treasure: capture a treasure by discarding four matching treasure cards from your hand if your pawn is on either corresponding island tile.
Draw 2 treasure deck cards.
After taking actions, you must draw 2 cards from the top of the Treasure deck and add them to
your face up hand. Follow the instructions on each card.
Draw Flood cards
Draw cards from the top of the flood draw pile equal to the current water meter level. If a tile is already flooded, it sinks into the abyss!
To win the game you need get to fools landing! Once you have collected all four treasures, everyone must move their pawns to the Fools’ Landing tile. Then, you’ll need a helicopter card to lift your team off of Forbidden Island for the win!
You’ll lose the game if:
- If both treasure tiles sink before you collect their respective treasures.
- If the fools’ landing tile sinks.
- If any player is on an Island tile that sinks and there is no adjacent tile to swim to.
- If the water level reaches the skull and crossbones.
Forbidden Island reinforces strategic thinking, visual discrimination and cooperation.